This Pumpkin Spice Latte is delicious, warming, and packed with seasonal flavors. It’s super easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. Favorite Fall hot drink in a healthier way.
Table of contents
Autumn is the season of colder nights, beautiful natural colors, and falling leaves. Also, Autumn means the return of everyone’s favorite hot drinks – teas, hot chocolates, and lattes.
We all love our iced coffee and iced matcha in the summer, but fall and winter belong to the hot, frothy lattes. I just love to sit inside my apartment on a chilly day with a hot beverage in my hands, sipping sweet deliciousness, and just relax. If you’re into coffee drinks, you gonna love this recipe.
One of my favorite hot autumnal-flavored drinks is Pumpkin Spice Latte. But getting a good Pumpkin Spice Latte is usually limited to a few coffee shops or Starbucks. Since I’m not a fan of overpriced, sugar-loaded drinks – like Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, I discovered a way to make a decent copycat latte at home.
This homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte tastes so good, actually better than any coffee shop stuff, plus it’s so much healthier with fewer calories and much more nutrients. Not to mention it’s a lot cheaper too.
To make this delightful, warming, and flavorful Pumpkin Spice Latte, you don’t need a fancy espresso machine, a milk frother, or other toys. It doesn’t require any special syrups or store-bought stuff. You’ll only need a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time. It’s a super easy recipe, a no-brainer.
- Milk. I used oat milk. This plant-based milk alternative is an excellent source of protein, dietary fiber, and healthy fats. It’s loaded with many vitamins and essential minerals that promote good health. Skim milk or other milk alternatives – like coconut milk, won’t work well here.
- Homemade pumpkin puree.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice mix is so easy to make at home. It’s a blend of warm fall spices you likely already have in your cupboard – like Ceylon cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and a dash of cloves.
- Coffee. The rule is to use a coffee brand you love because this latte is meant for enjoyment.
I topped this latte with foam made from oat milk. I dash it with some pumpkin spices for more flavor and sprinkle it with some honey bee pollen for immunity. Yummilicious and healthy!
To make the foam, you just need a shaker or glass jar with a lid. Or a microwave-safe bowl if you’re gonna use the microwave to heat the milk.
Pour the heated soy milk into a shaker or jar and shake, shake, shake. Very soon, you’ll get a wonderful thick foam perfect for your pumpkin-spiced drink. Easy!
Since oat milk and pumpkin puree are naturally very sweet, you don’t need to add a lot of added sugars to this latte. I did use a bit of organic honey to sweeten this beauty. But you can use maple syrup or even date syrup if you want to make it completely vegan.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Prepare your favorite coffee.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan. Take ⅓ of the heated milk and pour it into a cup or a jar, and reserve it.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla, and coffee into the heated milk. Add honey or maple syrup (if desired). Whisk well using the whisk until the mixture is evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a cup.
- Take reserved heated milk and make the froth using a handheld milk frother. Alternatively, put milk in a shaker or jar with the lid and shake as hard as you can until the milk is frothy, around 30 seconds.
- Spoon the foam onto your latte.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and bee pollen, if desired.
Pumpkin Spice Latte is more than just some average hot beverage. It’s energizing drink loaded with healing spices – Ceylon cinnamon, and ginger. It’s sweet and so tasteful, bursting with amazing Fall flavors, and made completely free from refined sugars with all natural and real ingredients.
I promise once you taste this amazing latte, it will become your fall favorite.
More pumpkin recipes to try
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Packed with amazing flavors from seasonal spices and real pumpkin, this healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte is one delightful warming treat. Vegan, dairy-free, easy to make!
Prepare your favorite coffee.
Heath the milk in a saucepan. Take ⅓ of the heated milk and pour it into a cup or a jar, reserve it.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla, and the coffee into the heated milk. Add honey or maple syrup (if desired). Whisk well using the whisk until mixture is evenly combined.
Pour the mixture in a cup.
Take reserved heated milk and make the froth using a handheld milk frother. Alternatively, you can put milk in a shaker or jar with the lid and shake as hard as you can until the milk is frothy around 30 seconds.
Spoon the foam onto your latte.
Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and bee pollen, if desired.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 5170IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 323mg | Iron: 1.7mg
This post was originally published in October 2018. It was updated with new information and republished in October 2022. The recipe stayed the same.